Based on feasibility studies and research of Russia’s quickly expanding social networking interest, Booknik formally launched its social networking activities in 2010. Postings focusing on Jewish/Israeli history, literature, thought, with extensive highlights of related Booknik articles, video postings, off-line activities on Jewish themes, news, book and movie reviews, Jewish and Israeli personality highlights, travel, food, Jewish study opportunities, Jewish holiday postings, audio recordings, online competitions, and specially created Jewishly-themed video clips, have been created as part of Vkontakte, Russia’s largest and most popular social networking medium; Livejournal, Russia’s most popular blog posting forum; YouTube; and two Facebook fan pages: one aimed at intellectual and advanced audiences and the second fan page created for a broader audience interested in Jewish history, thought, literature and culture. Thus far, Booknik’s Vkontakte efforts has more than 27,500 people registered with 3,500 on Facebook.
Other Programs in this Category:
- Booknik.ru – A Russian-language Site Focusing on Jewish Literature and Culture
- Creating/Expanding Jewish Book Collections in the FSU
- Eshkol: Ongoing Programs Focusing on Jewish Literature, Culture, and Jewish Families
- Eshkolot: A New Educational Initiative in Moscow
- Jewish and Israeli Book Fairs
- Publication of Books on Jewish Themes in the Russian Language: Fiction, Non-Fiction, and an Illustrated Jewish Book Series for Children and Families