Ivriyon offers selected day school Judaic studies teachers the opportunity to enter a summer Hebrew immersion program geared for teaching Judaic studies (Limudei Kodesh) in grades K-12. The program helps participants develop the Hebrew environment of their classroom, including through creating their own classroom project entirely in Hebrew. It completed its 14th cohort in July 2017, for a total of 188 teachers trained in the program.
Ivriyon was developed by the Department of Hebrew Language at the Jewish Theological Seminary (JTS), with partial funding provided by the William Davidson Graduate School of Jewish Education at JTS. Tuition is free, with partial board provided to all participants.
Other Programs in this Category:
- Bishvil Ha-Ivrit
- Jewish New Teacher Project
- Legacy Heritage Instructional Leadership Institute
- Mechon Hadar Jewish Day School Projects
- Pardes Center for Jewish Educators
- Starter Jewish Libraries for New Day School Students
- TaL AM