The Jewish New Teacher Project (JNTP) accelerates the effectiveness of beginning teachers’ classroom practice through high-quality, intensive mentoring. JNTP-trained mentors guide them in developing practical skills in classroom management, lesson planning and pedagogy, and also provide emotional and practical support as they adjust to their first years of teaching. Through this process, JNTP increases teacher retention and student achievement and brings the language of teaching standards, collaboration and professional development into school culture.
JNTP is part of the New Teacher Center (NTC) in Santa Cruz, CA, which, since 1998, has provided comprehensive, research-based instructional mentoring and professional development programs for the public school system.
Other Programs in this Category:
- Bishvil Ha-Ivrit
- Ivriyon – Hebrew Immersion Program for Jewish Studies Teachers
- Legacy Heritage Instructional Leadership Institute
- Mechon Hadar Jewish Day School Projects
- Pardes Center for Jewish Educators
- Starter Jewish Libraries for High School Students
- TaL AM