In Israel, The AVI CHAI Foundation works to:
- Create and Disseminate Jewish Culture to the General Public by promoting public awareness of, and familiarity with, Israeli Jewish culture and by providing opportunities for Jewish study and experiences.
- Promoting Jewish Study and Identity in State Schools by enhancing the quality of Jewish studies and education in state mamlachti schools, in order to strengthen the Jewish-Zionist identity of students and their connection to Jewish texts and traditions.
- Inspire Jewish Social Change Agents by targeting individuals of talent and potential leadership, and helping them develop a Jewish language that informs their lives and impacts their circles of influence.
- Promote “Pius” by encouraging mutual understanding and responsibility among Israeli Jews.
- Foster Israeli Jewish Communities by leveraging the power of each of the above four arenas to impact on selected communities.
In addition, AVI CHAI’s spend-down obliges us to insure that the fields we helped develop will thrive after 2020. Our efforts to date primarily include developing grantees’ organizational capacity and recruiting philanthropic partners