The school year is now in full swing! Here we present you an alphabetical list with a range of resources from AVI CHAI grantees that Jewish educators, leaders, and your day school as a whole could benefit from. We hope you find them useful and inspirational.
- Check out educators’ videos from Ayeka, dedicated to helping educators provide Soulful Education and engage students with traditional Jewish wisdom in a way that also fosters a personal connection, meaning, and relevance.
- BetterLesson offers “Four Tips for Making this School Year Your Best One Yet.” In partnership with AVI CHAI, BetterLesson supports Jewish day school teachers to personalize student learning in their classrooms. These tips will help you find and achieve your long-term purpose in the classroom.
- Center for Israel Education has released a resource, “Forming a Nucleus for the Jewish State: 1882-1947,” demonstrating the Jews’ unbroken connection to Eretz Yisrael from biblical times
- It’s a great time to catch up on ELI talks on Education.
- Jerusalem U provides great video resources for educators in Israel education at Unpacked for Educators.
- This school year, you can make tefilah more meaningful than ever before by using resources from the Pardes Tefilah Education Initiative. This includes an extensive and free online database of tefilah resources created and curated by tefilah educators. It is searchable by grade, prayer, type of resource, and disposition (a character trait, or tendency being evoked in students).
- Pardes Institute also hosts an Elmad Portal for online learning. It contains a Teaching Resources & Education section with podcasts, videos and posts in topics such as Leadership, Day Schools and Torah Study.
- Prizmah: Center for Jewish Day Schools offers an array of programs for your school and community. You can also check out resources it offers in its Knowledge Center on topics including day school affordability, finance and budget, governance, recruitment and retention, and more.
Wishing you a wonderful and successful school year!